Company directors are required to act in the best interest of the business and are therefore under immense pressure to meet the expectations of all stakeholders. Even with the best intentions, mistakes do happen and as the company director you may be left personally liable for allegations of a breach of duty or wrongful acts.
At AMG, we understand the liability risks that business directors and officers are exposed to. That’s why our expert insurance brokers are here to deliver corporate risk advice and a smart, tailored insurance solution to cover you, not just your business.
Directors & Officers (D&O) will protect organizations and directors against allegations and liability lawsuits relating to:
- Breach of legal duty
- Employment practices
- Errors of judgment, even if innocently made
- Failure to protect interests of shareholders
- Reporting errors
- Failure to disclose
- Antitrust or deceptive business practices
- Compliance failure
- Failure to disclose conflicts of interests
- Cover litigation brought by stakeholders against directors and officers where there has been an allegation of a breach of duty or breach of law.
- Respond to litigation arising out of a broad range of business activities including IPO or other debt or equity initiatives, M&A, financial reporting & other statutory obligations and corporate failures.
- Provide umbrella cover to all the directors and officers of the holding company and all subsidiary companies. The insurance can also extend to joint venture or associated company board positions.
- Cover all the current, past and future directors and officers on an unnamed basis.
- Cover for representation costs when Directors or Officers are required by law to be present for an investigation or inquiry regarding the organization and Cover for legal fees and costs incurred in the investigation and defence of a Directors and Officers claim.
- Cover employment related claims brought against the company.
- Cover securities claims brought against the company.